Friday, January 22, 2021

Cactus

 I have always been fascinated by Cactus. I started growing them around my parents' house and even when I moved to my own apartment. Some of the Cactii I had were mostly from my grandfather's house.

I also bought a few variety and this particular one is one example. I was always fascinated by their size everytime I went to Cameron Highlands. I bought it with hopes I can grow and nurture it to the size I had seen at the Cactii Nursery. I bought this variety on 30th September 2019, i.e. on my daughter's 19th Birthday. She chose Cameron Highlands to spend her birthday then. Unfortunately I did not take a photo of it when I first bought it then but this is how it looks today.

I always had to fight the weeds and this
particular weed chose to grow as close
to the sharp thorns

My sister, Asmah, suggested I use tweezers. Yes 
it does help a lot. But I have to really be 
careful to ensure I pull out the roots as well

Done. Looks nicer now.
After two years plus, the cactus has grown to 
this size.

This cactii was given to me by my late grandfather. I had
grown it at my parents' house and this is from my backyard.
I really love to see them growing nicely in the pot.

This is what I had been up to during MCO 2.0. Taking care of my Cactii, plants and vegetables.

Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment